January 5, 2011

Ho'oponopono





"Who looks outside, dreams;
who looks inside, awakes."
~Carl Jung


Have you ever tried to forgive yourself of all your past wrong doings? You may not even be aware of the hurt or pain you have caused. And that's okay. Simply repeat these four phrases to yourself and watch the transformation begin:


I love you
I'm sorry
Please forgive me
Thank you


These 4 phrases (or mantras as I like to call them) can help you clear out your system so that you begin to have a better relationship with your family, friends, lovers, colleagues and most importantly...yourself. It is known as Ho'oponopono and by saying these 4 phrases, it brings your thoughts down to the "zero state" and that is where things manifest.





I came across a book this past summer called Zero Limits: The Secret Hawaiian System for Wealth, Health, Peace and More by Joe Vitale and Dr. Ihaleakala Hew Len. This updated version of Ho'oponopono helps to clear and remove the mental barricades, the toxic energies, that have been interrupting our path to true happiness.



There is such great detail to Ho'oponopono and I suggest picking up a copy of Zero Limits so that you can marinade on the incredible stories and how it all works.







The first time I said these phrases, I was looking at myself in the mirror. I subscribe to the philosophy that if you really want to make a change, talk to yourself in the mirror. That is real truth. Well...it was one of the most painful things for me to do...to say I love you to myself...I'm sorry to myself...Please forgive me...and then Thank you. I felt a huge knot in my stomach, a big lump in my throat and I just started sobbing and sobbing. I wasn't sobbing for anything in particular...I was sobbing for everything in between. It was one of the most cleansing moments I had had in a very, very, very long time. Even though it was painful at first, I felt so impeccably cleansed afterwards....so incredibly light.










It has gotten much easier for me to say these phrases, these beautiful mantras, to myself. I have seen such an amazing shift in how I feel about myself and my past. I've come a long way in making peace with so many past hurts, guilty feelings and incredible pains. I still have a long way to go. The journey never ends. And how beautiful is that? Constantly evolving....and learning...and growing. This is how I chose to live my life. It is the right path for me and I am in such gratitude for being exposed to

I am finally loving myself. Accepting myself. And it feels pretty nice.

1 comment:

  1. I read Zero Limits and found those mantras to be very powerful, though I had some negative emotion around "I'm sorry" and "Please forgive me". Now, I just say "I love you" and "Thank you" and it's magic. :)

    ReplyDelete